Thread: Burnt Out?
View Single Post
boy_mom 01:50 PM 08-16-2019
Can you cut back on the amount of children you care for and get rid of the difficult parents or kids.

I was so burned out at one point, that i ended up terming a bunch of families. After a lot of thought on what my kids and I needed, I decided to close on Fridays and I started to offer part time care ONLY. I offered families only 2-3days a week so I never had to spend that much time with a difficult kid or parent. My area had a NEED for part time providers, so it really worked well for me.

I also felt having Fridays off made a huge difference for my kids, who were getting a little sick of the daycare rules and crowd all week long. I also learned to term if things just weren't working out. I learned to be very communicative with parents about issues and found my backbone about enforcing rules, including a 3 strikes and you're out policy.

Best of luck, I hope you find a groove that helps you get through the day! If it makes you feel any better, I closed about 2.5 years after making all these changes. Sometimes daycare just isn't for everyone