View Single Post
nannyde 11:48 AM 04-13-2011
Originally Posted by jojosmommy:
I have a daycare family who has 4 kids in my care currently. They are on assistance and thought (despite me repeatedly telling them otherwise) that dad could quit his job and not work and the county would still pay for daycare. So, last week dad quit and now the county wants to drop them.

They recently agreed to an 8 week notice requirement (thanks to some advice on here!) and the county only pays for 2 weeks. They keep telling me that dad is going to get a very part time job just to stay on assistance and keep the kids here until September 1st. I however don't believe anything anyone claims b/c I have gotten burned too many times before.

I have ads out for 3 weeks now and have gotten a couple calls- had 2 people no show me for interviews- and did one interview for very part time family (which would in NO way make up for the lost income here). For the most part no real leads on new clients.

This family said they would leave as soon as I needed them to (if I got more kids starting and would otherwise be over ratio) but I cant afford for them to go until I replace their 4 with 4 new. The whole thing is stressing me out b/c everyday its something new with these people but really I can't term them either.

What else can I do?
You are lucky the State allows two weeks. We have that BUT they MUST be job seeking during this time. They can only bring the children when they are actively physically (not internet job searching) job searching.

Do NOT allow them to bring the kids past the ten days. If they audit them they will see they are not working and you will all be in trouble.

Allowing four kids from one family is very risky. It's good when it's good but not so good when it's not.

The Dad is saying September most likely because that's when the child care expires or has to be renewed... but that's ONLY if he is working. It's over immediately after he quits working and their ten day job hunt is done.

If you allow them to come for the five months when you know the Dad is not working it is FRAUD and grand theft here. There's a chance he just renewed his child care and as soon as it got approved he quit his job. He wants no work and no kids. That's a VERY common scam... The State KNOWS this scam. He isn't the first to try to pull it.

Just don't fall for it. With four kids you are looking at an amount of money that could land you in prison if you are a part of fraud.