View Single Post
Michelle 07:19 PM 06-14-2011
Originally Posted by Mike Lassiter:
Well I was. Will not get into all the details here, but my childhood was very much less than most of you had. The point I wanted to make previously when typing on cell phone was fear is a excellent motivator. You don't have to beat a kid, or even whip them every time they mess up. You just have to do it enough that they KNOW you might. That is the deterrent most of the time. There are times that call for talking, times that call for more. Much depends on the child and how they act to being taught what is required. Some will listen and obey, some need their butts whipped to get the message. Those that think it is wrong to spank - whip etc. are the ones that will tell others in public how they should raise their kids. My oldest daughter was at Wal Mart with 5 kids and they all had been rambunctious and getting into one thing after another. She said she lost it and somebody started to telling her how she should be raising them. She told the woman to mind her own damn business - she saw a 10 second window of what had been happening and immediately started telling mom she how to be mom. I wonder how many of the people that think they are experts and love to tell others (or report others) will deal with their moments when they happen.

I was and still am the daddy. I never have tolerated disrespect and do not now with one child approaching 30 and another in mid 20's. You will NOT talk to me disrespectful. You will not act so either. Youngest daughter and I don't see much of each other because she is grown and nobody can tell her what to do. I have on many occasions told her she needed to get her act together and she don't like it. I tell her I will ALWAYS be your dad and I will aways tell you what I think you need to hear whether you want to hear it or not. It has never been my job as dad to sugar coat the truth or mislead my kids. They know I love them, and them know if they mess up they will hear about it. I don't mean it like rubbing their noses in it, but trying to show them they need to make better decisions to get better outcomes. They may not like what I say, but they know I want them to do their best.
This exactly!!!!

They even KNOW what I'm gunna do and say because they KNOW they are doing wrong! they can even imitate me very well, definitely Oscar worthy