View Single Post
cheerfuldom 12:01 PM 08-19-2011
I posted about a similar issue with my 3 year old and after a convo with nannyde, it changed big time. You need to decide what you want him to do during pickup and where he needs to be. Put him there before parents come to the door and he has to stay there anytime a parent is at the door. For us, we use the living room couch. My two girls have to go sit on the couch anytime someone comes in and this has eliminated the crazy rush to the door and the "look at me" attention getting antics. We also do this when daddy comes home. They wait on the couch until daddy is ready to hang out for awhile. This gives him a chance to come in and take his shoes off, etc. without the two of them crawling all over him and getting hyper. Now that we have done this for awhile, we don't have to send them to sit on the couch as often. They know that if they cannot chill out when parents enter, they have to sit so its working. The girls are 2 and 3 years old. Some other things that would help is to not let the parents hang out, make drop offs and pick ups quickly and streamline the schedule if you can so people aren't coming and going constantly.