Thread: What To Do
View Single Post
Carole's Daycare 03:27 PM 05-11-2010
If this advance pmt came out of her company flex- I would tell her- its simply not legal to refund to you- the company will want it back, then pay it to the new provider- talk to your employer. Otherwise I have been paid thru Agust- that was your choice- you are paid thru that date and I have reason to expect that much notice then. Whether you choose to use that paid space thru August is up to you. Either way you must give me a definate last date so I can plan activities, going away party, lesson plans, meals whatever.

Might I ask how old the child is? My kids don't leave for preschool because I offer my own, but around here for those that don't, she shouldn't need to leave until September of the year before she starts kindergarden. It doesn't sound like she's going to "preschool", because our school system offers 3-4 day a week preschool for 1/2 days only- and most kids who do go still need daycare. Weird. Sounds more like a switch to a different style of daycare that offers more academics. It's not like the child is missing out on bussing setup for actual preschool by staying, so really- she just needs to use up her credit before moving. If she's worried about the academics she can spend her family time at home after work doing some learning activities instead of watching TV until August. In the future, you might want to adress this sort of potential problem in your contract- regarding notice, pre-paying, refunds- so there's no question.