View Single Post
youretooloud 12:01 PM 05-14-2013
Originally Posted by countrymom:

I just find it rude to say that such and such a religion is into satan. How do some of you guys know unless you are that religion. Sure I heard all sorts of things about different religions, but that doesn't mean it true. My dh is athiest, he thinks if he goes to church it will burn down, well so far it hasn't burned down.
But, nobody said that. Someone misread it, and then it got snarky. (I might have caused most of the snark)

The person was saying "If religion is not important to you, would you also choose a satanic provider?" It in no way meant "Any religion other than Christianity is satanic"

The point was, for SOME people, the religion taught IS important. It might not be to everyone, but for some people, it is important, and there is nothing wrong with thinking it is important. Because each parent gets to choose for their own family. Nobody has it 100% right for all people. Individuals get to choose, and their choice is OK too. Not choosing a provider based on her faith, does not mean they hate Muslims and are stupid or ignorant. (that was not you who said it) I just means a choice. To say "We have two schools, non religious and Catholic....we are catholic, but we didn't care about the religion taught".....but, you are Catholic, so obviously, the choice wasn't hard. You only had TWO to choose from!

I choose not to bring up any religion at all in my daycare. Because I have very few Christian children. So, we don't say things like "Jesus is the reason for the season" or "Play with this nativity set while I make lunch" or "Who wants to sing This little light of mine?"