View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:01 PM 05-15-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
At the time I didn't say "I think this is a rule" because I thought it was a rule. If I thought it was a legal rule, why would I need to say "I think its a rule" if I thought it was a fact? Would you say "I think its against the law to drink and drive"? No, you would just say "Drinking and driving is illegal" KWIM?

And yes I do feel I was being jumped on to an extent because there was comments that had nothing to do with the main point where someone was just trying to find something unimportant to make an issues out of (as stated in my previous post on this thread)..
...again, this is not my argument. I had no dog in that fight.

I am sorry you felt jumped on. I am not really sure what I am suppose to do about that though. fwiw, I AM sorry but I didn't "jump" all over you.

Originally Posted by Starburst:
But I guess people will believe what they want to believe. Sometimes I just feel there is a favoritism where certain members cannot do anything wrong and they get special treatment or consideration.
Yes, you are right....some people will continue to believe what they believe and no amount of explanation or added information will change their minds. and I cannot change that.

You are also probably very correct in feeling that some posters get special treatment verses others but there is a pretty good reason for that.

It's called reputation.

Some members have been on this board for years. They have contributed their 2 cents, their opinions, thoughts and comments for many years.
They have formed relationships with others and have connected with others through common interests and personality types.

They have built a reputation among the members of the board. Often times one they deserve and shouldn't feel ashamed or embarrassed about.

If you plan on hanging around here for a long time, you will see how that happens.
Long term members get respect for the time and effort they have put into building this forum into what it is.

New members have to work at it a bit more. Is that fair? I don't know but most things in life work the same way.

Everyone starts somewhere and where they wish to go or end up is completely up to them. If they want to stick around here and continue commenting, supporting and connecting to others, they WILL earn respect and a little more lea way compared to newbies simply because they have earned it.

The 11,000+ posts I have made on this forum aren't just me making off handed remarks and snarky comments () but are representative of my time spent here contributing, supporting and helping other members on this board for the last 2.5 years.

So yes, some members probably DO get by with a little more than others but that is just the way it works sometimes.....

I hope that makes sense as I really don't know how else to explain it.