Thread: Blocking
View Single Post
KidGrind 06:46 AM 10-11-2014
Originally Posted by mom2many:
I think the whole blocking issue is quite interesting. Personally I like reading view points that differ from mine & sometimes they might annoy me, but I'd never want to block them! It causes me to delve deeper into my own beliefs, while at the same time, considering an opposite view point. I find it very educational and would never chose to block someone who is a polar opposite of me!
For me, it’s not about someone being polar opposite than me.
As I stated earlier I have zero interest in a particular individual.
Their words don’t offer any type of learning or enjoyment to my experience on this forum.

I have an option to ignore.
There are dozens of peers that I learn and grow from on this site.
Their knowledge, experience, advice and generosity helps me evolve as a childcare professional.
This forum isn’t a popularity contest.
I am sure many can do without my words or presence on this forum.
They have an option to ignore me.
I am good with whatever works for them.
I focus on my peers that add positively & development to the career I’ve chosen.
This site isn’t about me or anyone I choose to ignore.
It isn’t about who I don’t gel with.
For me it is simply about the wonderful and equally trying profession I’ve chosen. It’s my chance to meet at the water cooler. In careers I’ve had physical peers, when certain people were at the water cooler I didn’t approach. When they joined a chat, I excused myself. I see the ignore option as an internet version of my standard method of operation.

I’ve learned a lot from NannyDe, BlackCat, MV, Cat Herder, Meeko, ThriftyLady, Enthro and the list goes on. In truth, I don’t have the same perspective they do any given day. I don’t have the same opinion often times. When we disagree, not one of them seems to get offended or interpret it as a personal attack.

Even within this thread I can read things were typed that were the farthest from my reality or the situation. Things were made up. The how or why doesn’t matter.

This thread took a turn I truly didn’t expect it to . I thought it would end with one of my peers guiding me through the steps. I am 100% respectful of anyone on this forum operating in a manner that works best for them and their learning experience. I don’t have to be part of the audience.

I’ll end with this:

The point of this post was not me or anyone I choose to ignore. It was to learn how to do it. So the goal was met. Ignoring someone does’t take anything away from anyone. The person still has a voice, opinion and the interaction with those who appreciate their perspective.