View Single Post
Hunni Bee 05:47 PM 03-02-2011
I have a dcg who eats very little...she is allergic to milk, soy, corn and nuts. Her allergies are funny, cheese is fine for her and soy (like things containing soybean oil) doesnt bother her either, but corn sends her directly to the bathroom...And she's very picky, nothing mushy or soft, no vegetables. She cant drink milk, so she she's given juice or water with her meals....of course she only wants juice. She's been here almost all of her life, and has always eaten like that. She eat what she wants, and when she wants.

Today she ate: 5 spoonfuls of diced pears and a cup of juice. At snack when I told her she had to have water because she had juice at lunch, she promptly threw the plate of grapes and crackers away and went to the library area.

I know it concerns you...because it drove me nuts that the kid never ate. But I assure you she's not starving. I read your other posts about her, and she's got pretty irresponsible parents, so she probably eats a bunch of junk at home. Since you dont serve junk and she knows she can go home and eat it, she just holds out. I'd just continue your routine of serving, allowing time to eat, and throwing away. When she does eat any portion of, praise her. But otherwise, ignore but not ignore.