View Single Post
Annalee 09:34 AM 11-22-2013
Originally Posted by MamaBear:
I have been feeling this urge to quit doing daycare lately. I hate when I get this feeling. It happens occassionally and usually I get over it. But lately its getting more intense of a feeling. I dont know if Im getting burned out or what.

I love all the kids I have in my daycare right now but a couple of the parents drive me insane. I constantly catch them in lies or they try to sneak their kid here with hidden illnesses. I'm obsessed lately with bleaching & cleaning everything because of the funk these parents have snuck in here. Its so frustrating to me lately. I also started watching an infant recently and he definitely has his good and BAD days. The last 2 days he hasnt napped longer then 1 hour all day, and hes 5 months old... so when hes awake he cries & cries. At the end of the day, I'm just exhausted.

One of the main reasons why I do daycare is so I can be home with my own kids, but sometimes I feel like I still cant really spend time with them and cant go anywhere with them either. Its like I'm here for them ... but not really here for them. Kind of defeats the purpose in a way.

Does anyone have advice on how to get my daycare mojo back? Or maybe I need to change jobs. I feel bad because there are families that are calling me for childcare, but I dont even want to call them back because I'm just feeling "not into it" right now.
FCC can be isolating at times....I get most burnout during this time of year due to the extra stresses of the holidays (making ends meet financially), knowing assessment is coming in Jan/Feb the, basketball season begins for my boys, etc...Usually the time off between Christmas and New Years helps.... I feel my daycare/home/family don't get what they need from me during this time which makes me feel kind of like I am "failing" my duties.

We have a local FCC support group here which helps but sometimes I have found I just need to re-group myself....not easy to do for me. One of the re-group things I did years ago was to revamp my contracts/policy to allow more time for my family....i.e. school holidays, personal days, vacation time....these have all been mentioned, however I found some therapy for myself while writing this post....I hope u get to feeling better!