View Single Post
Josiegirl 04:34 AM 11-23-2013
I have no problem letting kids borrow things But this was a totally different thing where the dcp lied to you. She had to have known her child had them.
I'd have a hard time because if you pry them out before dcp comes in the door, then likely dcp will see her child crying and wonder what just happened that she missed. I'm such a wuss with stuff like this. I'd probably send home a reminder in a newsletter, or something, about this kind of issue, your views on borrowing items from daycare.

Now with that said, I have had issues in the past that made me angry. One dcp many years ago, took one of my phones without asking, because her dd wanted it and little miss princess just shouldn't cry. I wasn't even in the house but was told about it by a visiting relative. I called dcm about it. Well, of course it came up missing so dcm paid me for it. Then I stupidly said yes to letting dcks borrow brand new stuff, which they didn't return and when asked about it, also came up missing. So now, each item a dck asks for, I might say sure, or I might explain why not.
But that's just me.