View Single Post
permanentvacation 09:29 AM 12-17-2014
I didn't want to sneak and feed him cereal because the cereal will make his poop harder and I didn't want the parents to get worried about that.

He used to have reflux until they found this formula that he doesn't spit up. Now, he eats just fine and keeps everything down. It's just that the food they give him doesn't have any consistency, so he doesn't feel full. He's not gassy. He's hungry. As soon as I give him another bottle or feed him another container of food, he's happy. But just for a short while. So, they either need to give me more of this liquidy food or give me cereal and the next stage of food so he has something more substantial in his belly to make him feel full.

His mom said she'll bring cereal tomorrow. I'm closed tomorrow. So I will have to see what she does Friday. I think I'll buy some tonight just in case she forgets. Hopefully he will be better if I can get some cereal into him.

She said she has been feeding him stage 3 meats and stage 2 fruits/veges at home. She's just sending me the stage 2 foods to 'finish them up'. So, she should know that stage 2 isn't going to fill him up. She also said that she feeds him some people food like chicken, pancakes, etc. So I'm sitting here wondering if she knows he wants people food, why would she have him eating only liquid-type foods here?

Basically, she said she is feeding him more filling and substantial food at home, but sending me the liquid stuff that she knows is not filling enough for him!! But then fussing at me when I use all the food they send. So I'm like "uggh really!?!?"
So when she said that, I realized that she's just trying not to waste the money she spent on the food that he really no longer needs. But, if that's the case, she should give him some of the more substantial food and use the stage 2 as a snack or part of the meal including the stage 3 foods.

I am definitely not allowing parents to provide the formula or food for the babies again!