View Single Post
Angelsj 07:35 AM 12-18-2014
Originally Posted by Indianadaycare:
Hi everyone I have a couple of babies that are mouthing everything. I keep a one gallon bucket close by with one capful of bleach to use for disinfecting the toys that are mouthed.
Do you think it's okay if I use a clean cloth dipped in that disinfecting solution to wipe down a toy as it gets mouthed and give it to another baby BEFORE it has air dried? (the typical way I disinfect is to soak toy for 5-10 minutes and let it air dry before putting it back in the play area)
Just wondering because they mouth EVERY toy while playing and it seems impossible when they are right next to each other to remove the toy, put it in the solution, air dry it.... all toys would be gone in 10 minutes! KWIM? However, I am sitting there with them, so I could have the cloth in hand at least, and wipe it down when they set it down (before the next baby picks up and mouths it)
Your thoughts?

None of that sounds safe to be honest. I seriously would not worry about it at all. Let the babies play. As long as both are reasonably healthy, they are not going to cause any problems. Disinfect their toys at the end of the day, air dry and replace for the next day.
Having an open bucket around with any bleach in it seems like a bad idea.