View Single Post
nanglgrl 12:56 PM 01-14-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
FYI for Iowa providers the state won't do anything to daycare parents on assistance that owe a copay. I talked to state this morning they said she would get kicked off if she were still attending my daycare. I said well she owes me money so no I wasn't going to keep her. So she is no doing the same thing to some other provider 😔 I think I will no longer take state pay clients.
I'm in Iowa as well. In the future I would suggest always making the parent pay ALL daycare fees until you have their paperwork from the state. If a par t say they applied, make them pay until you get the paperwork. I dot his and haven't had one parent not enroll because of it. Then once the state starts paying instead of refunding them any overages, use that towards their co-pay. If the state has them at no-copay keep the money as a deposit towards when they have to renew with the state because often there will be a lapse in when their contract is up with the state and when you get the renewal paperwork.
You are correct, Iowa will not do anything to a parent who doesn't pay their copay. We are also not allowed to charge them more than the state pays (plus any copay that the state determines if they determine the family has to pay a copay).