Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
LysesKids 08:10 AM 03-10-2016
Originally Posted by ktvz:
I was helping out a mom with child care issues. I've always felt she was a little shady, because of all the "problems" she has with her providers, but didn't mind helping her out when she was in a bind if I had the space -- but always with an end date.

I had the kids scheduled Monday and Tuesday. We had a gmail calendar she accesses as a reminder.

So I'm expecting her 9:30 on Monday, and she doesn't show. At 10:00, I FB message her, as that is how we usually communicate. No answer.

Later in the day, I can see she's been active on messenger and she's posting on FB, but she's leaving my message unanswered.

I wasn't even going to go any further, but Tuesday afternoon, I decided to message that I had assumed something came up on Monday, but was surprised not to hear from her on Tuesday. Told her it seemed she must have made other arrangements for the kids, and I hope everything works out -- mostly just to wrap up our relationship nicely.

Today I get a message that she's been working at night -- which is true, so she's been sleeping instead of going to class, but she's going to try to change her school schedule.

I message back that I hope they let her change her schedule.

What I don't message is that I feel like the least she can do is apologize for not showing or not responding -- you know, common decency, especially for someone that has helped you out when you were in a bind more than once.

Especially since your oldest kid is exhausting, probably because -- Surprise! She has no consistency.

Oh, and I listen when you talk, so I figured out who your other provider is, and according to the pictures she posted on FB, you slept through class, but magically transported your kids to her house on Monday and Tuesday.

Never call or message me again for any purpose -- but especially for child care.

You. Are. The. Worst.
This is what I would consider Drop-in care & if she had done this to me, she would have been told sorry, but you must now prepay 24 hrs in advance for any days you require... no pay, no reservation and I will not be planning on your child attending.

It's plain as day in the Drop-in policies I hand out when someone signs the contract (it's written slightly different than my regular contract). I start the prepay after the first no show/no call... I use to give parents more leeway, like 2 or 3 call offs before saying no more, but I got wise over the last few years lol. The fact she just flat out avoided you & you knew... yeah, sorry, I don't have a spot available. If I hadn't found out, then it would still be prepay for the hours needed