View Single Post
midaycare 05:59 AM 07-20-2016
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
We do only make 3/4 of a salary as teachers... You can choose to take that salary over 9 months or spread it out over 12 months. Most just choose to have it spread out over 12 months.

Thankfully our home daycare lets us reduce to 2 days a week in the summer. She has her own 3 school aged children home with her for the summer so she's filled to the brim with kids each day so not having my 2 added to the mix every day is just fine. Glad to have found a set up that works for both of us.
Well...every state is different, of course. And every daycare is different.

Here in Michigan, I will not give teacher discounts. Teachers make good money and have great benefits. My mother worked 25 years as a teacher and retired making $80K a year, and $50K as a pension. That doesn't include social security.

I do not take school aged children, so the kids I enroll are year round until they enter Preschool or Kindergarten.

There is a daycare in town that only takes teachers kids because she likes their schedule. Someday I might head that way.

It never hurts to ask if this will work for a daycare provider. I just wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work for them. And perhaps, they end up complaining on here or facebook groups about the situation.