Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
sharlan 07:23 AM 06-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
18 months on a personal debt payment plan, set to be paid off, again (kids college/cars, medical), in 6 months. So close.

You guessed it. Back to month 1. I did not go backward, yet, but lost my progress.

I had to replace the fridge, stove, washer, dryer, coffee/end tables, three rugs and two mattresses this year. I did manage to sell my truck to offset some damage.

BUT, now we need a new roof and 3 massive trees must come down (will require professionals). My DH can fund half of the roof, but that still leaves me back underwater for who knows how long. Grr.. Plans.

Off now for some sweets and an attitude adjustment. I know so many have it so much worse. We have been in this house 13 years, it was coming.
I hear you. I knew with my mom's estate I could retire and we could breathe a little easier.

Oh, no. My husband's truck has been in the shop several times and he keeps whining about needing new tires. We bought a new Subaru to cut the mileage and gas on his truck. He doesn't want to drive it. He picked it out.

I put my mom's car in my name, registration, and insurance so my sister can drive it. One week later the transmission goes out. Not worth repairing.

We decided to keep Mom's condo in PS. We lost power in one room. DH and SIL spent hours trying to find cause. Hire electricians, spent 4 hours, couldn't find it. They come back with a tracer and find a broken wire inside a wire nut on a ceiling fan that was installed 35 years ago.

Dh takes my van in for an oil change. Next day I smell oil burning and assume they spilt oil. No, rear main seal went out. DH picks up his truck and drops off my van to the mechanic.

SIL comes home from work after a 14 hour day yesterday and takes a shower. He slipped and fell, putting his knee through the fiberglass tub. At least he didn't fall through the glass enclosure.

I just see $$$$ flying out the window.

Good thing, we sold my mom's house for $37.5K over asking price and we're closing escrow 28 days after we put it on the market.