Thread: So Sad...
View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 10:40 AM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Things are usually only insulting or offensive if the shoe fits....kwim? that is NOT directed AT you personally.

I never at 22 yrs old thought that I knew everything but it was and is a common thought that at 22 most people DO think they know everything they need to know.

At 42+, you realize how much you didn't know...

Personally, I think her age DID play into her choices and decisions. If that is offensive to anyone that is currently that age or close to it then so be it.
But I guarantee that whatever the answer is for a 22 yr old will be different when they are no longer 22.
I agree with this. The saying "hindsight is 20/20" rings true and the farther you get away from that age, the more clear things seem to get. I think age can generally play a factor in why people do things or react certain ways. Just looking back at 22 year old me, I KNOW I would have reacted differently than I would now if in the situation like Tata. The IMPACT and seriousness of what was happening would have registered far differently because I am older and more experienced now and also because I am a mother.