View Single Post
amberrose3dg 06:53 AM 11-20-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
When I first started eons ago, I was open from 5am to 6pm every single day. I rarely every closed other than actual holidays and even then only the big ones like Christmas Day. I stayed open Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve not even closing early. I never charged for any of the time I did take off so of course, I couldn't afford to take any so I was open almost all the time.

I had several parents that would not show up at closing time and I would just wait. I didn't call them or even reach out to their emergency contacts. I just waited for them to show up. I never even said a word. Not one.

Latest one ever was almost 2.5 hours after closing.

Once I realized how much "free" time I was giving out and how much I was allowing clients to dictate my schedule I stopped. It took a year to transition all the unwanted families out of care but I'm glad I made the change.

Looking back I still can't help wonder WTH was I thinking???
WOW! Some parents
I stayed open later than I wanted to in the beginning also. I had a dad go get wasted and forgot his kids. He was 3 hours late. I called the mom and emergency contacts. no one could come to get the kids. I was way too nice about the situation. She apologized and stopped sending them immediately.