View Single Post
ColorfulLearning 07:26 AM 02-10-2020
the fact that parents play on my niceness and big heart. I have been dealing with late payments for the last 2 years. Excuse after excuse because this bill is due or that bill is due blah blah as if its more important than my same bills. I think they assume because im married and have nice things, I don't need their money lol. Then the parents that think they pay for your services all dag on day and come strolling in here with no urgency after closing like its all good. Literally had one parent "Tell" me they were going to bring their kid at 3pm for a job training and should be done by 7 as if I don't close at 6pm. First I said no im busy I can't do it but then I just told them how I felt that I close at 6 and im not keeping kids past 6 and I want to always close at 6.

Im so over it all and I had to ask myself if I should just get a job. Well I answered no. I need to just enforce my rules. No exceptions, no favors, no nothing. So I redid all of my policies and sent out notices and had them sign the signature page and I put it in their files. Then immediately went over to kinderlime and attached the late fee invoice to their accounts so if they are late it will automatically bill them for it. Ive never had to apply late fees until now. So I can just show everyone better than I can tell them. Im not going to have long drawn out convos either, or remind them of their payments. Im going to do just like the big centers, leave them either their payment due notice or termination letter right in their cubby. AND im not allowing any new parents to think we are that friendly because clearly they can't keep the 2 separate. I assumed that because its a home environment and you get to know these ppl that it was friendly by default. Not anymore. Of course im going to keep the friendly tone with all parents, but no personal calling my phone, no convos about anything other than their kid or anything else that can lead them to believe that they have room to get over. I swear you give ppl a little and they just keep taking until they suck you dry and become aggravated with everything. And I feel like I fix one issue and here comes another one. Im not negotiating my prices, my hours, my policies, nothing! ok...vent over.