View Single Post
cheerfuldom 12:44 PM 03-05-2013
is it possible to come pick them up and drive them back to your house during the day? it might be worth it just to have a safer environment for your 12 month old and spend some of your earnings on gas money. just trying to make it work till may.

the issues could be solved by the parents adding some more structure and routine and consistency to the household. I am assuming you have not approached them with your concerns or that you have, and they have disregarded it. The parents are not setting up you or their kids for success when the house is trashed, their preschooler is in diapers and the baby is confused and upset. If it was a regular daycare family, you could insist on changes or quit but with family, things are complicated. I would highly suggest trying to get out of this gig sooner and not working for family in the future.

The best you can do is what you are already doing. Cleaning up as you can, trying to keep the kids busy and happy. You really arent going to make a huge dent in these issues without the parents help and support. you are there 20 hours a week so yes you are important, but you cant overcome the obstacles that the parents have set up.

I'm sorry. I wish I had the solutions for you.