View Single Post
Unregistered 05:33 AM 09-06-2014
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would just tell her that you want to wait until she is three to switch her. Maybe you don't like being told what they are going to do? I completely get that. Six months is a LONG time in their development so if you think she needs to stay in the lower ratios.. just tell them.

I will bet they will just pick someone else and move on. Your kid is the best fit in their mind and EVERYONE wants to be told their kid is advanced so they didn't expect you to be against it. You save money and they give you a prop on your kid.

They will just pick another kid. Just tell them.
Nannyde, thanks so for your reply. I think (as usual lol) you are spot on...I think the decision seemed abrupt and I felt like the decision was made without any of my input. When we started there 6 months ago we had originally discussed DS and DD being in the same classroom. After researching it (seeing all the problems detailed on this board about sibling sets and seeing how DD has blossomed without DS overshadowing her) it's probably best to split them up...but I guess I just wanted to talk to her about it. The way she announced it to me just made me feel like it wasn't up for discussion.

I also agree with you-6 months is a long time in development. DH doesn't see the problem and is actually happy DD is getting moved up bc he thinks she is bored and she seems very out of place (old) when he drops her off in the morning. He wants her challenged and feels like she is going to move up eventually, so what's the big deal. I guess I still see her as my baby and I'm not in any rush for her to grow up.

I trust the staff and I was probably just overreacting. We all love the current teachers and I guess I'm just a little scared bc I don't know the new lead teacher.