View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:25 AM 01-18-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
Funny idea! I just disagree with you. While visiting someone’s home I’ve never snuck a peek or even thought of it. I have with permission looked in a medicine with prior permission. My hope is most people do not snoop.

If it was a daily request, I wouldn’t mind. I have a client who insists I rinse her baby’s pacifier every time she picks up. The first couple of times, I went up back upstairs with a shrug. In spite of just rinsing it off or having taken it out of the baby’s mouth. The third time I literally questioned myself in my head, “What are you doing this extra B.S. for?!”

The third time I replied, “I just rinsed it off. I am not running up & down the stairs per your nuisances. Bring an extra pacifier at pick up, if you can’t trust it’s clean to your satisfaction. I also suggest you keep a pocket sized hand sanitizer. I am not bringing her downstairs for you to only need to travel upstairs and wash your hands. When you pick up, it your responsibility to be prepared. Thanks!”

I haven’t been asked to go back upstairs to rinse the pacifier off or received requests for hand washing. What tickles me is she is the same parent I had to instruct twice to use the infant car seat restraints. You drive around with your baby unfastened. Yet, you are worried about a pacifier being rinsed.
I don't allow pacifiers to be brought back and forth.

I require any child that uses one to bring a new one upon enrollment and then it gets left here for me to be in charge of.

If parents have any hang-ups about sterilization etc...
I don't want any part of it. Plus, hauling it back and forth is just gross IMHO.

I'll handle things on my watch, they can handle things on theirs.