View Single Post
Indoorvoice 11:12 AM 02-26-2019
I know we've talked a lot about what parents do when after they drop off is no big deal as long as they pay and pick up on time. I'm usually in the camp of just not caring. I'm curious what your thoughts are in this situation:

I have 2 families who work 2 days but contract for a whole week. They do pay on time and pretty much follow the rules. They have been increasingly using me on their off days as sort of a drop in Babysitter: dropping their kids off for only a few hours those days on short notice. I'm NOT complaining! But it has been hard to get their kids on a routine and keep my routine for everyone else because the hours are never the same and I never know which days are off days. I've tried implementing having them give me a schedule each week but it is NOT working, mostly because I have a hard time issuing fees for not following my schedule when they're dropping off late and picking up early most days of the week. I feel silly complaining, because I get full pay for only a few hours of work, but I don't want to be a babysitter, I want to have a daycare with routine and activities. I kind of feel they should be paying someone babysitter prices if that's what they need. I don't know. Discuss with me!