View Single Post
momofsix 06:37 AM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by B Lou:
Short history. I have a DCP who has become a good friend. Now before everyone starts telling me to keep friends friends and buisness buisness I already know that. But she is a single mom and trying to better her life. Her son was killed in Afganistain 2 years ago and my family is the one she leaned on. Now she has a 8 year old that has grown up here in our home. I even keep her in the evening late so mom can go to college 3 nights a week. So here is where the irritation comes in. She comes in this morning with a flier about the local fire department having their fire prevention night. Tomorrow. She wants me to take her daughter to it while she is at college. I informed mom that tomorrow I have to feed the whole football team and won't be able to. I am sorry but I just can't go tommorw. Mom gets mad at me. Hello!!!! Don't I do enough for her? I think mom should understand that I have a child of my own.
Is she really and truly a good friend? Or is it only you that's being the friend? You are such a blessing to her and it sounds like she doesn't even realize it.
She's probably irritated b/c she already told her daughter that you could take her and now she has to be the one to tell her she can't go. Not your problem though!