View Single Post
familyschoolcare 09:30 AM 08-19-2011
Originally Posted by Incognito:
I didn't feel attacked by u or anyone else but the unregistered troll who is still twisting things after I explained it all. U are right I should have gave more background but I worry who may read this forum so I try to be a little descreet. I just had no one to talk to when this happened over the shoes and I had to vent. This on top of last weeks promise (from her to her kids) to buy shoes when she stood there poking her finger through one of the holes in the shoe laughing saying "I really gotta get them some new shoes huh?" It just makes me mad all over again so dropping this subject entirely. I just wanted to make sure u knew I meant no offense to u or anyone else. I may have come across against 2nd hand and assisted familes but that was not my intention at all!

As for it being a sensitive issue for u I totally understand and apologise if I insulted u in anyway. That was not my intentions at all! I too have been on assistance in the past and there is nothing wrong with it or needing it. What is wrong is the people who abuse it. It should be used to keep your head above water not take and take like this family does. That was my whole point but I guess I neglected to get it out right. I don't mind people being on assistance. I know a lady that has been on it for years actually BUT she doesn't abuse it. She reports her income although it is not much. I checked into the guidlines and dcm is making too much to get as much assistance that she is getting so she isn't reporting something wether it be her income or her husbands. I don't care anymore I am putting a stop to her long chatty visits when she returns Saturday morning. I have decided to adopt these kids and just buy them what they need when they need it. I have seen children going to school and being made fun of for the rags they wore and I will not allow that to happen under my watch so decision made, I bought them clothing and shoes.

Just to clairify again so it is not twisted by certain unregistered people...

I do NOT have a problem with 2nd hand clothing. I am wearing a goodwill shirt right now that says Earth Day. What I had a problem with was the neglect to buy anything new at all, ever, or at least more 2nd hand when the old ones become ragged. I admit we make messes here so old clothing is fine, even a hole or 2 but just not torn, hanging and clothing that doesn't fit at all.

I do NOT have a problem with govt assistance. I do have a problem with the people that abuse it and still can't treat their kids to a clean pair of shoes without holes. Especially when they run around with good shoes, new purses, cigarettes, and sodas every day.

I hope this clears everything up. If I am still wrong then so be it.
Thank you for the additional info. I do not think you are wrong now that I fully and compleatly understand where you are coming form. Which is sometime hard to do here B/C like you said you want to be discrete at the same time as explain what is going on. Also not communication in person mean we do not get to see body language.

I am just as upset at this mother as you are now that I understand she is taking advantage of the system. Like I said it is people like her that make it hard for others to use the system as a leg up and causes people to question wither or not you really need abc or not.

I hope you have the courage to report her she is taken advantage of our tax dollars and making life hard for other truly needy people.