View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 12-26-2012
Originally Posted by KEG123:
How do you expect parents to get their childs hair long then? Or do you think both boys and girls should have pixie cuts?
My DD had really long hair by the time she was 2 years old. I kept her hair out of her face while it was growing long by securing it with clips and rubber bands she couldn't remove easily. My DD also knew better than to try and strip them out of her hair.

If a child continues to remove the clips or rubberbands then they aren't old enough to have long hair and for safety reasons should have it cut.

If you really really want your child to have long hair and yet they continue pulling out the clips and the hair is in their face, then make sure you don't ask someone else who is already watching several other children to watch her....kwim?

As a child care provider, parents who send their children with hair accessories that are easily removed, bother me because the hair accessories can not only be hazardous to other kids but can be bothersome to me as I have enough things to do during the day.

Parents can have their child's hair long or short, blue or green, on boys or girls......I don't care. Just as long as it isn't a hazard to the child or to the other children in care.