View Single Post
rmc20021 05:25 AM 03-09-2013
There sure is a lot wrong with this story...there is no way a 3 yo can possibly open a car door and climb into a SILVERADO unassisted, so for her to even expect this child to enter the vehicle on it's own is unrealistic. i have a little sunfire...low to the ground, and any time I transport kids I ALWAYS put them into the car and buckle them in. I won't move the car until I'm confident everyone is buckled in * having such a small car, means I do not transport usually, so when I do, it's only 2-3 kids...but still.

And why would she pull forward after hitting the child initially not knowing where the child was at?

I once cared for an infant in her home for a few months. After I had been gone for several months I got a phone call from the mom asking if I would come back as when I'd left, they put her into a home daycare. It was run by a mother and daughter. One day another child was getting picked up and both the mother and daughter thought the little girl was with the other.

Unfortunately, she was with neither and had gotten behind the car of the parent who was picking up their child and they ran the little girl who was not even 2 yo over with the car.

FORTUNATELY, the wheels missed her, but she was badly burned by the exhaust on her legs and lower abdomin.

I went back to caring for that little girl and although I've always, always been extremely cautious with kids, especially those that do not belong to me, I became even more cautious. Changing those bandages on her burns was a real eye opener. That situation could have easily ended so much worse.