View Single Post
caregiver 10:33 AM 08-02-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
I have a 4.5 year old DCG that is picking up on her parents not spending time with her. Her parents went on vacation for over a week and left her in my care. The same time all other DCKs went on vacation with their parents. I don't know how many times she asked me why the other children got to go with their parents and she didn't. I told her she had to ask her parents. Totally heartbreaking. These are the same parents that asked me to take her to see Santa for the first time instead of enjoying that memory themselves. I refused.
Now that is sad! They couldn't even take her with on vacation,I suppose it depended on just where they went, if it was a place just for adult's like maybe Vegas or a child friendly place, but even so leaving her with the daycare provider and not a relative, but maybe your closer to her then a relative is. Asking someone else to take her to see Santa for the first time is heartbreaking also. That is a memory that they should have and cherish! Good for you to refuse doing it! There are too many parents out there today just like that,it is really sad to see.