View Single Post
happymom 12:25 PM 08-21-2015
First, I love reading this forum and learning more about daycare in general I think it helps me be a better DCM!

I wanted to update on our situation. My son is napping WONDERFULLY now in daycare after dropping naps over a year ago. He actually likes naps!

Drop off is a hit or miss, but mostly good. It really helps if he has something to look forward to that day. Friday is show-and-tell so we rehearse what he will say about the thing he is bringing and he's so excited to be dropped off on Fridays. I try to put the focus on a thing he can do when I first drop him off "make sure you tell Miss L good morning" or if he has something to stick in his cubby when we first get there, it helps A LOT.

He comes home filthy dirty every day, he has a best friend and knows everyone's name now. I love picking him up after work. He's always outside playing with his friends and I can peak outside and watch him play before he knows I'm there and he comes running to me so happy and tells all his friends goodbye.

He's all recovered from his little injury and I ask him every day if his teachers are putting sunscreen on it and they always are and that makes me feel good because I am worried about a scar. But things are good....there's only been one time where I composed a text to my old DCP begging her to find an opening for him (that I never ended up sending).