View Single Post
nannyde 08:50 AM 06-10-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
When I called licensing they made it clear it’s access to the room (not just my child) as well.
That's not helpful. I would need to see the actual code.

I had a deal years ago where I had a call from an aunt who just got custody of her sisters daughter who had been removed by the state. The aunt sets up an appointment to interview the next day. A few hours later... during nap... I get a doorbell ring and two ladies are at my door and a dude is at the car.

I open the nearby window instead of the door and ask if I can help them. The child's mom says she has come to inspect my daycare. She tells me her sister might bring her kid to me and dhs told her she had the right to inspect my house. I told her that I don't do unannounced inspections and she was welcome to come with her sister tomorrow. She could but her friends could not.

She repeated that she was told that she could come any time she wanted and I had to let her in.

She turned me into DHS for not allowing her access and poof.... I get inspected the next day. I KNEW I would have dhs at my door the next day so I got ready for an inspection and answered the door to the inspector with a "I was expecting you."

This lady had never met me.
she had never seen my program.
She had never been inside my house.
I never met her kid.
I never interviewed her or her sister.

I get a phone call for a potential interview from TOTAL strangers and less than 24 hours later I have a complaint and an inspection.

I talked to the inspector about what had happened and that someone in the daycare division told this lady she could come into my home and someone else took the complaint without knowing the code.

I was NOT required to allow a stranger off the street to come unannounced with two friends to inspect my house much less when I was home alone. She was a parent but not a parent in my daycare.
She was also someone the state felt was unsafe to have her own kid and I was supposed to allow her access to mine and the daycare kids?

The inspector gave me a 100 percent evaluation and went back to the two who gave her the permission and took the complaint to clarify the regulations.

So.... don't believe what someone at the daycare division tells you. It may be their interpretation. It may not be the law.