View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 01:04 PM 06-04-2019
I agree with the last few posters. Unless there are obvious signs of abuse, ie bruising, scratches, abrasions etc, then it really isn't your concern. I was not against giving my kids a womp on the butt once in a great while My son was 3 when I took him out of church after repeated attempts to get him to be still and behave. I took him out front and sternly told him what I expencted along with a firm hand on his butt (1 time and not hard at all) and he never acted that in church again. I may get slammed for this, but seems like there are some of my dck's that would benefit from a smack on the ole butt once in awhile. It's the don't say no, don't want to hear them cry generation.

I will say though that consistency is the key. Parents need to say what they mean and mean what they say. DCM picked up dcb 22 months yesterday. He had a toy in his hand. She asked him 5 times (I counted) to give it back to me, put it away etc). He didn't and clung to her. She says do we have to just bring it back tomorrow? I said, oh we don't want to start that. Junior give it to me please. He did. Any sort or resistance and they buckle. I'm getting sidetracked lol. My opinion. Keep your opinions to yourself because another thing is, you never know what kids say and how true they are. I had a kid one time say his dad tipped him upside down, put his head in the toilet and flushed. I knew dang well that wasn't true. Where he got that, who knows.