Thread: Gay Marriage
View Single Post
nanglgrl 09:11 AM 04-02-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
And why is that? What message do you think it sends? At the very least, it's discrimination and that is hateful.

Can't.stay.away.
I'm right here with you I'm just trying not to comment because I know I can't change anyone's mind about this issue and I will end up saying something I regret. The arguments are always the same, important questions are constantly evaded, parts of the bible are quoted, scientific evidence is presented and the argument goes on and on. Take solace in the fact that there are more people on this board that are for gay marriage than against and that number is growing in our population as well.
Several of my college classmates were gay. Some of them didn't come out until after college because of fear.
My neighbor's dad is gay. He didn't come out until they were grown. I imagine because of fear.
This is a personal issue for me. I have a gay sister. She tried to pretend she wasn't and was in relationships with males (one relationship resulted in a son) but she finally came out. She was scared and tried to conform but couldn't. She's in the Navy. She fights for the freedoms of people who stand against her freedoms and sacrifices so much on a daily basis.
I never want to make someone go through their life being fearful. I would hate myself.
I believe in God. My God is kind, forgiving, loving and a joker (he made things like Flamingos and Platypus'). I think about this angry, vengeful God that some worship and I know I could never do that. If in my end days I found out that the angry God was it and that I was on the wrong side of the issue of homosexuality I would gladly go to hell.
I mentioned that my church has a gay pastor. My son's church is also progressive and accepting. His church is the "go to" place for all of the high school/college kids. The younger generation has this covered. I doubt this will even be an issue with my great grand-kids, maybe that's when we should have the marijuana debate. Then again the new pope is progressive and has called for peace..It will be interesting to see where that goes.
Eventually some of the people on this board will change their minds, some may decide it's wrong but most likely more will switch to acceptance. They will do it on their own time as some life circumstance effects them but will never change because they were given the facts. The facts have been out there forever and I've never heard anyone, no matter how good the argument is, end a debate on gay marriage by saying "Holy cow, you're right!"