View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 07:16 AM 03-10-2018
All of the kids that I've cared for that had pacifiers only had them at naptime here. I don't allow them to walk around with them all day. First of all, they drop them, other kids pick them up. I feel it inhibits their speech etc. I only have 2 right now that have them out of 8. The one mom asked me to stop giving her daughter hers, but then found out that she has it all the time at home, so I said no. I'm not going to be the bad guy, so whatever approach you take, do it together, don't make the daycare do it first if that makes sense. If your child cries and you give it back, then that's what the daycare should do to. I've typically done the cold turkey approach and I have had zero problems with it. We've also packaged them up and given them to the youngest child here too. That has worked. The older child thinks it's a big deal to give their binkies to the baby of the group. One of my families that i have now, he's nearly 4 and does not have one here, but as soon as he gets in the car the mom puts one in his mouth. He doesn't even have to reach for it. That I find a bit disturbing actually . She's told me she's not ready for him to grow up yet. So really is it her that needs the binky or him? His older brother was biting the tips off of his when he had him here. I took them away and said no way and she was mad. I said he's not choking on my shift and I can't believe you'd allow him to have one at home if he's biting the tip off. Crazy! The younger one I have must be doing the same because he's told me that momma bought me new ones. ugh!