View Single Post
ColorfulLearning 04:55 AM 02-10-2020
Hi all,

So I was going through the forum and one of the posts was regarding sick children. One person mentioned that they isolate a sick child that is younger (can't cover their mouth and possibly puts toys in their mouths) and give them access to limited toys so its easier to clean vs contaminating all the toys. I have a small daycare. Mine is in my townhome. The daycare is the next room to the dining room that is basically my office. Would you create a small "nook" in the daycare with a few toys or would you put them somewhere else? My layout is basically open and I can see all rooms from either the front or the back. 1st room is the living room, then the dining room/office, then the daycare. I can also put them in the living room but would prefer not to have kids in my living room for sanitary reasons since my own family or kids hang in there. I have a nook by the kids eating table I could possibly just put soft seating in and a few toys.

Can a few of you guys explain how you isolate those kids? I exclude for excessive coughing but toddlers just don't cover their mouths so this is becoming an issue for me right now especially since this cold season is so horrible. I def love the idea of only giving them a few toys so they can contaminate only those and keep the germs to themselves.