View Single Post
adunn0804 12:40 PM 08-23-2011
Hello all, I am new to this forum and new to having a daycare as well! I am almost done with all the state requirements to get licensed, and should be up and running in a few months(california is a little slow...)I have seen a lot of post asking what to do first and though i am new i found that the best way to get an idea was to go to your states page I.E. i live in california so i went to california's state government page(www.ccld.ca.gov/) and it should bring up what the first steps/requirements are for your state. Also a huge help is if you contact your local Childrens Home Society Office(Not sure if they are nationwide?), they will help you through the whole process. It is very confusing and some what over whelming! There are days where i feel completely lost and dont feel like im near ready!!! But im still truckin on!! Right now im at the point where im a little overwhelmed with getting everything i need organized and all the right forums and making sure my house is ready for inspection and getting contracts and everything else typed up and ready to go!! Its definitely a whirlwind right now! But i am super excited and cant wait to be running my own business! Good luck to all of you and hope this helped!!!! If anyone is in california i would love to catch up and be able to help and be helped!!!