View Single Post
wdmmom 01:20 PM 12-06-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I disagree. ALL of my parents observed in my program, with their children as infants, and none of them have ever expected "special" from me. I have 16 children enrolled in my program, with 12-14 here at any given time and have had parents come observe and have never had any issues, and every parent I have ever interviewed has wanted to enroll.

To the OP, as a parent, I would not enroll my child in a program that did not allow me to observe their work/interactions with the children. I suggest you allow them to visit, prepare your group before they arrive, letting them know that you will have a visitor and you expect them to behave, set up a few low-maintenance activities that the children can manage solo with you being available as needed and go about your work while they visit. Don't allow 50 questions, let the parent know before they arrive that you will be working with the children and to please save questions for a phone follow up later in the day if needed.

Good luck!
Interesting! But what you are saying can't possibly be true. If you have 16 children and you are limited on infants, children can't grow up as fast as what you are saying. That clearly means that not ALL of your children came in as infants and not ALL observed.

Not every parent has the time of day to watch kids play toys.

I can see through what you say. 90% of what you say IS logical but ISN'T possible.

You can't possibly tell me that of ALL those observations you never had a child act out, break the rules or become attention seeking.

AND...YOU wouldn't allow your child to attend somewhere you cant watch the provider in action?! What about those parents that already attend that don't want their child exposed to a stranger?!