View Single Post
Unregistered 11:13 AM 10-04-2007
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Perhaps she is limited by what she can charge. I read a lot on the internet about upset parents that get charged by the daycare no matter what the circumstance or hardship. I think there should be a national "daycare bill of rights" for parents. Many are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I reserve that to my own judgement.
Why is it a parent is so quick to pay such high interest rates on a credit card, but can't stand the thought of paying for their child's care? No matter what rock and hard spot, they still use their electricity at home, and pay their full bill. Why? Because they don't want to sit in the dark with nothing to do, that's why. Why would that be more important that the care of their child? A provider running a business to care for children has a very important role. If you had no child care, you would not be able to keep your job, right? If you don't have electricity, it still doesn't effect whether or not you can work (battery alarm clocks, I have one!)
I work hard to see to it that the children in my care are taken the best care of. I go to school to learn more so that I can better care for your children. I spend unpaid hours planning and setting up activities, so your child gets the best care. I kiss their boo-boos for you, I wipe their snotty noses (when they should be at home drinking chicken noodle soup), I love the children in my care and take the best care of them I can possibly do. It is the most thankless job. Parents and guardians are always trying to look for reasons not to pay a flat rate reguardless the policy they have signed (which, BTW is a legal document that will hold up in court). Some parents just don't get it. You are paying for the availability of child care with knowledge of holidays closed, etc. You know, there are special things I do for children in my care (and others do this as well) that doesn't even get mentioned. Personally, I open my doors for an extended 3 hours on the 2 Fridays after Th.giving free, so parents can have that time to secretly shop. I also give 1 free week per year for 1 child on their enrollment anniversary. No. I don't have to do this, and I don't even mention it in my policies. It is a gift I give. I have never received a thank you, in fact, when 1 child received all that, plus 1 week free as a Christmas gift, it wasn't a month later, that they took a vacation for 1 week, came back, and refused to pay for the week their child was out because they chose to take a vacation. Do you know, I did not take a vacation that year because I wanted to be considered reliable and I didn't have a back up provider. I bet you are a parent that would do the same thing as this parent, aren't you. Completely ungrateful. You don't even realize what all is involved in being a child care provider. Most people will say, "It takes someone special to care for children. I couldn't do it." We are completely underpaid, and most parents are ungrateful for the services. Always looking to complain, and never thankful!