View Single Post
jojosmommy 12:50 PM 01-11-2012
Ok, so I was feeling pretty mean before but now it sounds like you all have to be seriously strict with these kids all the time. This kid lives on a short rope already and I was really hoping that he would start to learn some self discipline on his own and I wouldn't have to be "controllling" his every move. It sounds like you all are telling me I have to be strict with him all the time and can never give him chances to self regulate his own behavior. ?????

I feel like the meanest person in the world.... really this kid can not handle doing anything without me taking him out of the situation (b/c he overdoes it or gets out of hand). I feel like he spends the majority of his time in time out, reading independently, apologizing to everyone else or waiting for me to "allow" him to do something. I literally have changed my entire daycare b/c of this kid. Nobody leaves the table until everyone is done, nobody goes to play unless everyone (and myslef included is 100% ready) b/c I have to watch his every move.

I am trying to lighten up on the kid so he learns to control himself independent of me but it appears that is not a good idea and I (unfortunately) have to keep on his behind every second.....