View Single Post
Heidi 05:07 AM 01-12-2012
3yo dcg

First, she had a incident about 40 minutes before pickup about throwing blocks. It has gotten less frequent, but most often, she hits or kicks me when I "make" her do anything (like take her by the hand and walk her to time out). It does not hurt me, but boy, there are days when I think "if this were my child...." Let just say, no child of mine would have tried that twice!

It's now time to get shoes on for mom to come, and she refuses. I give her 5 minute warning, then bring the 3 toddlers over to the bench to help them. In the 15 min. it takes me to do that, I tell her several times that mom is comming, and she needs to get shoes on. She refuses.

WWYD?

Mom comes to pick up 4 children, and missy is having a temper tantrum and refuses to put on shoes or coat. She has done this before, but often it's when we are going outside, so I just take her out without them on, and she can join the group when she's ready (it's been pretty warm so far).

I just want ideas. I got her out the door, but it wasn't pretty, and I'm wondering if there are other ways I could have handled it...