View Single Post
nannyde 03:20 PM 10-18-2014
Originally Posted by Elko:
Ok I've avoided taking the bait about whether she needs to nurse, and I'm going to continue avoiding it.

I've lived with my husband for 8 years, I know that I can't just "make him do it". (I know that's not a direct quote). For various reasons I don't want to leave her with him.

I'm getting the idea that it's just not going to work, and I understand that. Just feeling frustrated, because she wouldn't or won't ever be clear with me, but I think it's clear that it's only a matter of time before she tells me it's not working out. Or, maybe she's just hoping I quit but I can't afford to at all!

I did want to see if anyone has dealt with this situation, and if it worked out at all. If so, I'd ask for details on how, so I could present that to her. I keep thinking that as long as I help her get the other kids down or just do it myself, and make sure she's not burdened by anyone at all or anyone more than just an infant, it shouldn't be an issue if I go take some time with my daughter.

Apparently that just wouldn't work, or maybe you just mean that it most likely wouldn't end up working that way. It does 99% of the time, but the very few times it doesn't are sure to stick in her mind.

Oh, and yes, we spend a couple minutes bouncing or rocking the toddlers who need it and putting them down.
Bait?

You are addressing a forum of child care providers. We know a two year old can drink out of a cup and eat food. You may decide she needs to nurse but we know developmentally she is a table food eater and a cup drinker.

You won't leave her with her Father? If that helps you secure your job and pleases your boss then you get up, get dressed, tell him you are leaving, and go to work.

I can sense why your employer is frustrated because very simple solutions are available and you say no to them.

Now I'm not wonking on you. You seem sweet and you obviously need a job. Do what you have to do to keep this job until more money comes along. Her Dad is home. He's unemployed. He is her Father. Your kid is two. She can eat a meal and drink liquid.

All three of you have to do something you don't prefer to put food on the table and a roof over your head. So what? That's real life. Your daughter will be fine. Daddy will care for his little sweetie and you will be the employee she needs while you look for a deal that works better for the three of you. In the meantime ya gotta suck it up and do what you have to do.