View Single Post
CraftyMom 01:37 PM 10-19-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
Ok, I'LL take the bait. Lol.

You seem to be saying that your daughter NEEDS to breastfeed, and we aren't getting why she needs it. And we aren't, because it's no longer needed for nutrition. If she's staying home with your husband 3 days per week, she won't be breastfed during the day for those 3 days. So you, too, obviously recognize that she doesn't need it, or you wouldn't leave her with dad.

What I'm getting at is, why do you think she still needs to nurse if you know it's not for nutrition and it's causing issues in your workplace? That's not rhetorical, I truly am curious. You are alluding to some reason for her need to breastfeed, but we aren't getting it.

I know this isn't the topic of this thread, but it keeps being subtly brought up and dropped, so I figured I'd just lay it out there and ask directly.

Also, I breastfed 2 of my children, so I do understand what comes with it. But I'm not understanding why, at 2, you feel it's still a requirement.
Mom is having separation anxiety (this is my educated guess). It happens to all of us who breastfeed (maybe not ALL, but most). We miss it when it's over.

Mom needs to realize the following "I am having a hard time weaning my daughter because I love the bond we have". There is nothing wrong with that. We understand that. No one is pointing blame, we've been there. But it isn't working out in the workplace

If this weren't the issue and the issue was that mom just wanted her daughter to receive the nutrients from breast milk, then she would solve her own problems by pumping and working without her child to begin with. Then she could work without all the stress from her employer, make more money because her child isn't there, and her child still receives the breastmilk