View Single Post
boy_mom 08:21 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by Paul415:
Day care providers deserve PTO - yes.

If we dont like one provider's policy, we have options - Agreed.

But what is a reasonable policy?

Our provider puts out an annual calendar with 6.2 weeks of scheduled paid time off. She also wants unlimited paid sick days, but offered to cap sick days at an additional 3 full weeks. That's 9.2 weeks of PTO per year.

Yes, providers deserve a PTO benefit, but this seems excessive.

Looking for some feedback about the specific time requested.

Thanks!

Paul
My sons nursery school follows the same schedule as the school system, including summer vacation. She is only open from 8:30-12:30, with the option to pay for an longer day until 3pm.

There is A LOT of time off that I pay for. But I love the teachers, I value the service and it feels right for our family. She has been in business for over 25 years, with a long waitlist so it clearly works for other families as well....

But my friends dont send their kids there. Schedules, fees and a million other reasons have lead them to a provider who fits their family's need better.

I'm not being snide, but if you dont like it, it may be time to look else where! There are so many amazing child care options, you should find one that works best for you! As people have said before, there is no right or wrong amount of PTO, you just have to find the best fit for your family