View Single Post
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 04-25-2019
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
That right there is why I posted the original question. This provider says ALL 6 of her kids are biting, scratching, hitting etc on a regular basis. I have been sent pictures the "victim" and I just don't understand how other parents are ok with this?! I went to help her out a few times and she definitely does not pay attention to the kids like I think she should I had to either stop a child or point it out to her many times in just a few hours. I do not want to recommend parents to her, in fear of them being hurt :/

Like Cat Herder said "What you allow is what will continue. " I think that's exactly the problem. I just wouldn't allow it to continue like she seems to.
So true!!

Stopping this kind of behavior takes so much more than just a firm no and maybe a time out or two.

It requires constant supervision and hardly enough time to complete a full sentence as toddlers are quick when it comes to biting and/or hitting.

Simply not allowing it to happen takes hard work and constant supervision. So much so, that most providers don't want to do the hard work it requires.

I 100% agree with you, I would not recommend other families to this provider and I would probably shy away from trying to help her out. I just wouldn't want to be connected to any of that chaos.