View Single Post
Chickenhauler 09:10 PM 08-04-2009
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Thank you Seashell! Finally another provider who agrees with me that licensing is nothing but a joke. I believe licensing, esp. TX licensing are a bunch of hypocrites.

It is quite funny and sad at the same time when I read up on my former center. There is a website to look up violations (I don't know if all centers do that) but now they have a system to rate their "standards". TX licensing name some of the stupidest standards as high (such as an ACTIVITIY plan not being posted) to low (e.r. card not filled out, which I would think is more important )

Anyway I am pleased to see that I am not the only who thinks the same!

P.S. To to the poster about how the license is free. I am sorry but in TX you must pay for your license. The last time I checked it is a standard fee plus so many dollars per child that you are licensed for. That is how they pad their pockets.
Where do you think the funding comes from that pays for that website to look up violations, and the inspectors wages and expenses who find those violations?

The cost of the license helps fund that.

For those bashing licensing, think the amount of work you as a parent would have to go through to cover the same thing that a licensor does-fire extinguisher inspection, egress window inspection, fire escape plan checking, double checking the vaccinations of any pets in the home, running your own well test, etc etc.

There's a hell of a long list that would have to be done by each and every parent if we had a "parent's responsibility" instead of licensing.