View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:58 AM 08-15-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
This is what you get when you work for young, single parents.

I don't have a great relationship with DCM but I do tell her what I expect and what my concerns are. Of course, they fall on deaf ears. Telling the child (20 months) isn't going to do anything.

That's why I thought the probation might be a better approach. Clearly discussing things with her is getting no where. I'm hoping by giving the probation period, the child will be picked up at regular drop off time each day, child will be picked up at the same time each day, and the DCM will understand that the reigns need to be tightened.
Gotcha...I didn't realize the child was only 20 months! LOL!! And I completely understand about the young single parents! (No, I don't mean them all of them for anyone who felt I was stereotyping) In your situation then I would totally go with the probation period and maybe that will get mom to see that you aren't messing around.

Are you in the position to term then if the situation doesn't change? I also think you should start charging the mom for late or early drop offs and charge the dad for late pick ups.