View Single Post
mountainside13 03:00 PM 01-08-2014
Originally Posted by melilley:
My husband and I are going to try to have another baby. We have insurance, but our co-pay is outrageous!

I often joke that we should get pregnant, get a divorce, have the baby and then get remarried a while down the road. That way it would be cheaper.

We would never do that, but in so many words, like you said-Single moms are not what they once were! I know some do struggle and some actually lose a SO/BF while pregnant, but others,well, you know.
My husband had a friend in school that we ran into last year and went out to lunch. During the short time together she told us how she was working the system. The dad of her 2 children secretly living in the house and not getting married so that the government would pay her rent. She complained because her rent was raised from $1.50 to $5! Pay for a nursing degree with help of student loans, free daycare, free health insurance and food stamps. Working under the table jobs. People like that ruin it for everyone who really needs it.

We have health insurance but our co pay is also really high and the benefits are not good. It would have been nice to get some help but working families don't

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I'm a single mom too.

I am married but my kids only have one mom so I guess that technically makes me a "single mom"

Wonder if we said it like that if parents would "get it"?!?
love that way of thinking!!!