View Single Post
My4SunshineGirlsNY 12:22 PM 03-22-2010
That's the hard part that you are friends..because bringing up professional issues can turn sour real fast.

With her being so undependable can hurt your business...especially calling off the day before..you can lose clients easily that way. Parents expect a registered daycare to be dependable because they can lose pay or have to use a vacation day that they didn't want to use.

I would definitely make up a contract as fast as you can putting a cap on the number of sick days used. I work even if I'm sick because I cannot afford NOT to...that's where she has an advantage..she knows she will still get paid so why should she tough it out? That's why you need to give her some boundaries.

I know you got wrapped into already having her and she's your son's friend's mom, so now it's hard to change the rules....but if you don't, this will keep happening and you will lose business. Plus I would be so frustrated with giving her 2 free spots and free food!!! PLUS she has garuntee salery no matter what! Can I come work for you? LOL.