View Single Post
jojosmommy 06:30 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
A bag of carrots here costs about 2.50$ and a bottle of ranch dressing about
3$. Plus the juice to go with it. Another 2$. That is 7.50$ for one snack. Not to mention lunch and morning snack. You asked if the parents aren't paying for food then what are they paying for well I believe that even if the parents are supplying the food, they are still paying for me to care for their child for 10 hours a day. Not to mention the cost to run the daycare, replacing toys, cleaning supplies, craft supplies, soap, toilet paper.....It is expensive to care for children in your home and it is hard work. I like to know that at the end of the day that I made a reasonable profit. As much as I love the kids I don't want to care for them for free.
Carrots at my store are .99 and no way would my 7 dck eat a whole bag , even if it was their "last meal". Buy ranch powder and mix as you use it otherwise the liquid kind is also .99 at my store and the kids hardly use any. Juice? too expensive- don't buy it. I NEVER serve juice here. Most kids are supposed to only get 4-6 oz a day anyway and I would bet my paycheck they get more than that at home daily. Just because they would eat it doesn't mean they need to eat that much.

I would hate it if my dcm asked me to bring snacks. I would never ask my parents to do that. I have food worked into my budget, just raised rates $10 per week to cover rising costs of food, paper supplies, basic cost of living raise.