View Single Post
sunlight 07:39 AM 12-18-2013
I have been providing a boxed curriculum for the last 5-6 years. When I first started I was using Funshine Express and really liked it. I was charging an extra $25 a month from parents and they had no problem paying it. The last couple of years I have switched my preschool curriculum to Early Start Fun Learning. The parents like it more because it is more kid friendly. With Funshine I had to make most of the crafts myself because it was to hard for the kids. With my new curriculum it is easy for the kids and all the projects look like the kids made them not me. I don't charge extra for this curriculum because for the last couple of years with the economy changing parents don't want to pay extra for anything. What I can tell you is that when I get a call almost every single parent I do talk to asks me if I provide a preschool curriculum and that they are looking for that in a daycare. So, I do feel pressure to provide that. Because I am a Family Child Care and take care of different age groups it's hard to focus on preschool daily. I am not a center so do the very best I can. So far everyone seems happy. Plus its a nice addition to our day to do some school work.

Hope this helps Black Cat